Sunday, March 24, 2019

Definition of Cool :: essays research papers

From wicked good, to psychedelic, to word, at that place is no reason why older generations neer understand what the young today consider the latest pull in. Our ever-growing vocabulary, to express our emotions and feelings, is never consistent or rigid in its capacity. However, one word that I turn out not only grown accustomed to in my daily life precisely also of my mothers generation is the single syllable, cool. When something becomes common, it is weighed down to tell when it began. The usage of cool as a general imperative epithet or interjection has been part and parcel of English slang since World War II, and has even been incorporated into other languages, such as French and German. Originally, in this sense, it is derived from a Black English usage center excellent, superlative, first recorded in written English in the primaeval 1930s. Jazz musicians who used the term were responsible for its popularization during the 1940s. As a slang word expressing generally p ositive sentiment, it has stayed current far nightlong than most such words. One of the main characteristics of slang is the continual alteration of its vocabulary and storehouse of expressions in order for slang to stay slangy, it has to have a feeling of novelty. Slang expressions that mean the same as cool, argon words such as bully, capital, hot, groovy, hip, crazy, far-out, rad, and tubular. Growing up for over xvi years, I have the knowledge of using the word cool in its various forms. As a little boy I never would want to embarrass myself amongst the my sisters friends who were much older and wiser than I. thither was never room for any embarrassing mishap in my pick up for being considered cool. As a young middle-schooler, I always looked up to the senior boys. Whenever I would run to and fro my next class, I would hear from a senior waltzing to his classes, Hey man. Stay cool, not at first knowing his lawful motive. Growing up, you might at first not understand the co nfessedly meaning of the term, but through experience, one learns of the meaning in its sum so as to use in daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment